Sunday, August 3, 2008

Dear Diary,

I loved this afternoon, just me and Sydney. It was nice to be alone together and to see her get excited about school shopping! She usually resists going shopping with me, knowing how slow I am, but today she wanted to join me to exchange some of her new school clothes that didn't fit. I was so happy that she loved her new outfits (she willingly gave me a back-to-school fashion show when I brought them home!) and that she wanted to go today, so I spoiled her! We found an apple watch, a pink heart necklace, and a Hello Kitty lock & key diary, that she loves the idea of. The whole way home she told me of the secret stories, poems, drawings, and anything else, that she'll write in there.

I got all crazy mushy about the pink heart necklace in the store. I put it on her and said, ...so you can take me to school with you around your neck, so you'll remember all day that I love you, so you can hold it any time you feel lonely or homesick...
Then she asked, worriedly, well, how long am I going to have to stay there?!

After our fun day of mommy-daughter bonding, we picked up Jack and went to see Mamma Mia! Chad and Allie were sick and had to stay home. I thought the kids would like it, but no, they loooooooooved it! When Chad asked Jack if he liked it, he goes:
I LOVED it! My favorite was the silly mommies and daddies dancing. It was about a Mamma Mia who dances with her prince Sam.
But mostly, I think he loved the skittles and popcorn.


Sydney told me on the way home that she doesn't want a Hannah Montana room anymore. She wants a Mamma Mia room. And she couldn't wait to get home and write all about it in her new diary.


The new journal keeper! And the little brother,
always there, almost always with food on his face.


First entry:
Tonight I saw Mamma Mia!

I (heart) these songs.



Honey Honey
Thank You For The Music

My Last Summer

I can't even believe she is old enough to keep a diary! I'm going to keep it forever. Her very first diary!! (I kept calling it this because I like the word diary, but she told me she wants to call it a journal.) And she says she's keeping it locked!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is just so funny-the diary I mean. Like mother, like daughter. Encouraging her to write is a wonderful thing! And they loved the movie? Of course-it's the best movie of the summer. Lots of pretty colors and songs! Weeeeeeeee!

Erica said...

What a fun day Deann, I look forward to those days I will have with my Jules. I totally remember writting in my Diary when I was little and it would be fun to go back and read them if I still had them. So yes, do keep it forever so one day she can read the adorable things that were on her mind!

Kimmy said...

How cute! I love that Sydee is so creative and is a thinker like you Deann! Wow! She's going to look back and think she was amazing at that age!

bobbi said...

Dee- that is soooo cute!! I loved it when Sydney asked how long she would have to stay at school!!!!! That is sooo sweet-- it is sooo hard to let them go. Bridger will be in 5th, McKayla in 2nd and Chance is going to pre-school (a first at our house) and each year, it is hard for me to let them go on their first day!!!! I love your little family-- so sweet.