And summer's lease hath all too short a date...
Just what I love most and least about summer.
Who has ever said it better than Shakespeare?
Allie's mind was going on a bear hunt, again!
Sydney recited A. A. Milne's "Twinkletoes".
They all went traveling On Market Street...looove this book!
Keiji and Kalli were Quick As A Cricket-ing!
I was laying under this and happy crying inside. :)
We also accomplished more swimming. Check!
I felt like doing this too Allie! Oh, fun to be two!
And I really wish I could still hold a baby all day long, let my tummy chub squish out with no worries because it's so cute, and talk to turtle statues!
A read-aloud in the garden, farmer's market, and more swimming were my only wishes to be fulfilled this day. But I got some bonus wishes!
Rock climbing.
A little birdwatching!!! Can you find the hummingbird in this picture?
And plein air drawing! Sydney drew multi-colored "buttercups". Also snails, a caterpillar, and a butterfly. Allie did something in red, that we'll never know because I forgot to ask her. :(
Jack drew the sky.
Snail by Sydney.
What a day! Check, check, check, check, check, check! Not a bad way to start my "squeeze everything else I still want to do while it's still summer" checklist!
Thank you for being so wonderful, Gardens of Thanksgiving Point!
We love you so!




11 comments:
How cute Deann! The kids look like they love to read! Good Mom award!
it looks likeyou had such a fun day! BTW I read this post to hannah and she watched and listened like it was a story book. we got to the end and she said, read it again!".
OH, so sweet! Tell Hannah I'll take her to "my garden" when she comes to see us! We'll do all these things!
Did she find the hummingbird?
She couldn't find it until I clicked on the picture to make it bigger and then she did. That part was fun for her! I might come up with mom and dad for gemma's blessing.
OH, yay! We'll have to go to The Gardens! I think the water part will still be open too!
I LOVE your new blog title and the picture of Sydney, its so sweet!!
I love your blog. It is so cretive and colorful. You're a super photo journalist. You also seem to be a great mom.
Wow Deann, it is beautiful there! What a great day!
Can I just say I'm having a hard time keeping up with you, my comments are lagging.
Anyway, great shot of the hummingbird! I had to click on it too to see it. Speaking of hummingbirds one flew right up to me yesterday and scared me to death, I thought it was a giant bug. Which makes me wonder, are you scared of humming birds?
Yes, terrified, but not as much as geese. You'll see that post coming up soon. I was amazingly calm when this hummingbird appeared. But last night I had an awful nightmare that two birds were pulling my hair, and would not let go! It was so vivid, that I can still feel what the beak felt like, because I touched it! EEEEEK!
Yes, I know. I've been updating like crazy. Be sure to see the Kalli Bag post on my other blog. You'd think it was pretty cool!
Post a Comment