Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Littlest Fairy in the Forest



This year Sydney was in Sleeping Beauty as a forest fairy. Her performance was just magical and so fun to watch, but the best part was the curtain call.
I was class mom, running around backstage so my family could be in the front row -I wanted to make sure of that! And I'm soooo glad I did because when Sydney looked into the audience for a recognizable face, and saw her family all waving to her from the front row, her face made Chad laugh and me tear up. It was the biggest, open-mouthed smile ever and biggest, happiest eyes! And it stayed that way, during her little walk across the stage until she walked into the wings. She was elated!



Posing with her Mema and Aunt Sheryl.


Marlie is always so supportive and proud of her cousin.


I gave Sydney this book for completing her third year of ballet,
and for the beautiful dancing in her show.


Everyone there signed the book for her.
Chad, Jack, Allie, Nana & Papa, Mema & Papa, Aunt Sheryl,
Aunt Sarah, and Marlie.


I let Jack give her this fairy doll I couldn't believe
I found. It was so perfect.


I was thrilled to see how much she loved it.


And that was not all!


There were more gifts-
and flowers.


Somehow Allie swiped the wings.


I can't believe we actually got a family picture in.
I love it.


We sure think she's the loveliest fairy in the land, of course!

On the way home, Jack gazed at Sydney like she was a movie star
and said almost whispering, ever so reverently,
I saw you on the stage, Sydee
. While she tried hard, Sydney could
not wipe the grin off her face. Made her so happy that her little
brother admired her so.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

so cute! I love how her tights are baggy. Did you get a video of the performance?

lindseyflood said...

I can just imagine the look on her face when she saw everybody in the audience. I remember that special feeling of being up there on that stage. She is such a perfect little ballerina!

Erica said...

How sweet and she looks SO beautiful! Your a great mother Deanne, you think of all the special moments that kids remember!

Jennifer said...

That is so cute what Jack said to her! I wish you got a picture of her face on the stage but sometimes you have to LIVE the moment and not be behind the camera. It's good that you wrote it down though so you can remember.

Dee said...

Hopefully, that expression was caught on film. I bought a copy of the DVD. I can't wait to see it!