Friday, May 29, 2009

We Will Still Play

I'm just going to have to be cliche and say,


from Preschool


to Kindergarten,


the first day of school


to the last,

oh my it really does happen fast!

She says she's not ready and neither am I. The journey only gets tougher from here. I know it, she knows it. The poem she's selected shows it:

First Day of School

My first day at school to-day.
Funny sort of day.
Didn't seem to learn much.
Seemed all we did was play.

Then teacher wrote some letters
On a board all painted black,
And then we had a story and...
I don't think I'll go back.

-Rod Hull

Play time is over, this she senses. Time for more blackboard writing, more studying, more seriousness, and less time for chasing butterflies.



Sydee, I promise you we will still play!

3 comments:

mrsoshimbo said...

So sweet...your baby is growing up =( & =)

Megan said...

that's the best promise EVER!! :) Always keep playing!!

Erica said...

ALways time for play, that is so sweet Deann!