Monday, April 26, 2010

a spring ritual

Tulip Festival!

We've been going every year for years. But it was so crowded this year! It took all my energy just to keep my kids from getting lost or blocking traffic. Sadie and Allie stopped to gather "crystal" rocks every few steps while people scrambled to avoid running into them. Not so much fun! like this year.

So I took note never to go on a Saturday again, and maybe not even during the festival. The tulips tend to not disappear as soon as the people do :) so we're going back in our spring best for family pictures after all the crowds go home and we can mosey. My favorite family photos were taken in these gardens.

This is my favorite picture of Allie Roses. It makes me so happy! Such gorgeous picture spots in there.



I took two pictures this year.

One of my brother's family,


I really need to get serious and purchase a better lens & flash. would have been such a good one without the shaded faces!

and my kids with their cousins


left to right: Gemma, Sadie, Jack, Kai, Allie, Sydney, and Marlie.
Too bad I can't crop out that lady's behind -you just can't wait for every passerby when kids are actually smiling!

Sarah, my sis-in-law, took this cute one of Sadie and Allie.



and this one



and that's that for this year!

hoping for a better picture day this week

we just got a family pass to Red Butte Gardens, too! Can't wait to hike through and take pictures there! And for the outdoor concert Chad and I are going to there, this summer. Brandi Carlile!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

It is so pretty there! I love the pictures! The one of Allie when she was a baby is so adorable!

lindseyflood said...

That is such a great shot of Greg's family. I'm in love with Allies soft curls. It is so perfect that your kids and greg's each have a playmate.

Jennifer said...

All of the kids are getting so grown up it makes me sad that we don't live closer! I love Kai's hair like that! And yes, Allie's hair looks so beautiful! When are you guys coming to visit again??

Erica said...

What great pictures! All of your kids are adorable