Monday, April 19, 2010

kite flying & gardening over spring break

We didn't do much at all during Spring Break the other week. I was going through some drama. There will be a post about it soon on my other blog, because I want all the pregnant and soon-to-be pregnant gals I know to be aware of the unfortunate situation I was in. Sure wish I'd known! ANYWAY-

we did have some fun over the break...


We took advantage of the wind and flew kites!



For some reason, it's so dang hard to find time to fly a kite! It requires serious seizing the day, something I'm not always so good at. So I'm quite proud to have made it happen for the kids. Not much can wow a kid like a kite. Bubbles and kites: simple little things that make them SO happy! love it.




Allie's face mixed with happiness & worried concentration. hee hee

Planting our Veggies!


First Chad gave a demonstration. Then everyone got a turn to plant something.






Kai Kai, my nephew, was over for his first sleep over, and got to help us!







5 comments:

Megan said...

oh i wish i still got spring break! allie's face in the kite picture is priceless. your garden looks amazing!

Erica said...

What a fun family day, planting in the garden. It looks great!

lindseyflood said...

Allie's profile in the first picture looks so much like a mini Sydney! I had to do a double look. Her hair is getting so long too. Laney has been wanting to fly a kite. I need to remember to pick on up on a target run!

The garden looks awesome! I can't believe how big it is. I didn't realize it was the whole length of the wall.

Oh yeah, by the way, I so don't care if you guys want to use Mae! So don't let Laney's middle name stop you.

Erica said...

oh I just noticed your prego pic, u are too cute! Pregnant woman are so beautiful

Dee said...

I totally posted that preggo pic for you Erica! :)