But again, so happy to have these very special guests!
And now... have to post it, must have one Thanksgiving family photo:
EEEEE! I'm not even so embarrassed about Chad's bare legs in NOVEMBER (Chaaaaad!), or that Allie refused to let me put a bow in her hair, not even because Sydney who refused to smile put on that hoodie that doesn't match instead of the sweater that is so adorable with that plaid skirt, and not because she has bare legs because she refused to wear tights (at least I was able to crop out the bare feet in mary janes), or even that Sydney also HAD to have Ashlea in the picture and I didn't have time (turkey was getting cold) to have a "love and logic" discussion with her about it! NO, it's because the only decent picture of the 5 of us is the one of me going, "say turkey!!!" Soooooooooo dorky!
I actually think that bad family pictures are really funny so I'm grateful for the amusement.
So photo shoots did not go as planned.
But I do love this one of Sadie because it's so Sadie.
The girls reading The Nutcracker. This made my day!
And this. Playing pirates, ooooh! Just so sweet!
Kai was in the sweetest, most lovable mood all day. He always is.
Sadie waiting for her playmate to wake up.
Sharing thanks at the table. Sydney was thankful for her toys. Marlie was thankful for her bed.
Kai was full of thanks! He didn't want to stop. I remember the first one, that he was thankful for his daddy. Jack was thankful for his "walft" (loft) bed, and for his mommy.
The little girl table.
Happy Sadie.
THE GAMES
Mazes.
Coloring.
I loved watching Allie do a swirly in each feather.
Sadie and her daddy colored a turkey together.
Then BINGO!!! Sarah and Greg looking so excited. Ha ha!
It was nail-biting! Ha! Kai was especially anxious throughout the game. He came so close to winning too. Chad continued to call out pictures after Sydney and Allie tied so that Kai Kai could fill up all of his squares.
Thanksgiving Artwork
By Marlie Jean.
Allie Rosie.
Jackers.
And Jackers.
And Uncle Greggy.
THANKSGIVING THEATRE!
Shy Kids.
Marlie with the finger-biting.
Sydney with the raised shoulders.
Kai Kai clutching the cabinet.
Jack actually hiding behind the cabinet.
This reminds me of when Allie sang us a song, covering her eyes with her little fists until it was over. Either she just couldn't look at us in her embarrassment or she thought we couldn't see her if she couldn't see us.
Sadie grabbed her dress.
Stage fright was conquered quickly and soon we couldn't get them to stop! I thought they'd never get bored of telling jokes, singing songs, and doing tricks. This will be one hilarious video someday. We got it ALL. Hee hee heeee!
Marlie opened with some turkey jokes!
Sydney read a Thanksgiving poem.
Kai Kai told some jokes.
And Jack made up a bunch of his own.
Marlie and Kai sang a song looking just like Jane and Michael Banks!
Then Sadie sang the entire Alphabet song!
Adorable!!!
Sydney surprised me with a "one little, two little, three little pilgrims..." solo!
And Allie did....something!
BAKING WITH AUNTIE SARAH!
Leaf cookie cut-outs stuffed with chocolate and peanut butter chips!
The boys turn.
There were 4 things they were able to do all by themselves. Cutting out the cookie shape, stuffing the cookie, gluing it with egg yolk, and then sprinkling it with raw sugar.
Sadie's turn.
Allie's turn.
Such a fun activity for the kids! Thank you Sarah!
Thanksgiving poem read by Sydney
Hooray for Thanksgiving 2008!!!
(and for this blog post to be finished!)
To Christmas!
(and for this blog post to be finished!)
To Christmas!




10 comments:
we actually had a very small Thanksgiving, just us and my Dad. I loved how casual it was. I wasn't so worried about how clean my house was or if I was still in my PJ's when he arrived, wasn't stressed about the time everything needed to be done. It was so nice!
Oh my gosh! I can't believe that you fit all of that into one BIG day! It looks like you had so much fun together! We missed you all for sure. I laughed out loud when you were describing your family picture....and you saying "Turkey"! lol Oh that was hilarious. Then you said that Marlie and Kai looked like Jane and Michael Banks! lol So funny!!! You made Thanksgiving so much fun for the kids. Thanks for all of the pictures.
ps. Sadie looks like me! lol
Wow, I finally finished looking at every pic and reading every caption. Thank you for sharing all the details...it makes me feel just a little like I didn't miss too much but I know I missed alot. The kids all look so happy and like they're having so much fun. I love that they shared jokes, poems, songs. That's what family time has always been about. And our family has so many "little" performers! I remember, Deann, when you were two and sang Twinkle Twinkle to Lily at Grandma Dot's house. You were so darn cute. You made for a wonderful day of memories! Even memories of turkey breast and dried out stuffing. But how did that happen anyway? LOL! Oh well. Dessert is always the best part! I miss the kids. Love, mom.
You all went all out! I am glad your Thanksgiving was a good one. Those kids look adorable!
So dang cute. You always make everything so fabulous. I am so glad I am a part of your awesome family.
What a fantastic Thanksgiving you guys had. And such adorable kids. Maybe Sydney wanted to have her dolly because Uncle Greg's family has four kids! :)
LOL that was the longest post EVER. I want to watch that video!
Jennifer, that comment made me laugh so hard! It IS the longest post ever, I'm sure of it! I was a little embarrassed by it. Ha ha ha!!!
LOL don't be embarrassed. I loved reading it and seeing all the pictures.
p.s. I was going to comment on more individual things of the post but I was like, "oh my gosh where do I start?" lol I did think your family picture is hilarious. Sydney's smile is SO funny.
Post a Comment