Sunday, December 7, 2008

O Crooked Tree


Tree is up and shining with colorful memories!

Meet Ruby.

She is our tallest tree ever, but a little crooked. We tried to straighten her several times before coming to accept her natural crookedness. I think her trunk must really be curved! But I actually like it this way. She's whimsical, like a Dr. Seuss tree! Sydney came up with the name Ruby for her because a red lady bug flew out from her branches while setting her up.

Sydney pulled out each ornament with a gasp and, "Oh, I remember this one!" Tree decorating is getting more fun each year as the kids grow old enough to store Christmas memories in their little heads. Even Jack giggled and said "my pickle" fondly, when he found his special ornament from last year.

To my delight, after the tree was complete Jack announced that he will now sing a song to our tree! After he sang O Christmas Tree, Allie did the same while holding a songbook in her little hands.

Happy Times!

9 comments:

Kimmy said...

O Crooked tree, O Crooked tree, How lovely are your branches! lol That's so cute! At least you have a real tree! lol We are pulling out our little fakie tree this year. It's the saddest looking tree! lol Do you remember it? We had it when we lived in Chino Hills. Every once in a while we pull her out and use her! It fine though. Our place is so little that we need to use her! The kids sounded so cute pulling out their ornaments! My girls do the same thing!

Megan said...

Love it! I want a tree but we are saving money for the wedding. I just have a fake, gold metal one on my coffee table. I love that picture of your little ones!

Jennifer said...

That is such a cute picture. and I totally could hear Jack's voice when he said that about his pickle ornament. He's so funny. BTW "Jack-Jack" has been eating lunch at our house all week long, and today I had to share my hot dog with him! lol

Dee said...

I can't believe the impression Jack made on Hannah! That is so sweet! And sad...you should bring her to Utah to see him!

Angie said...

Even the crooked trees needs a loving home. Too cute! Your kids are adorable...I love seeing life through there eyes. Every thing is fabulous to them.

Jennifer said...

Isn't it funny about Hannah and Jack? I'm sure he'll be joining us for lunch again today. And whenever she is playing and needs a boy name for her dog or a horse or something its always Jack-Jack! We should come up there sometime. Do you know that Hannah has never seen the snow? It's supposed to snow in our mountains this week so I think we are going to take her. Aren't you coming down sometime this month? Hannah is going to be so excited.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing ever! Singing to a tree and naming it! The kids are so sweet. They are so creative! Can you send a picture of your crooked tree?

Anonymous said...

Oh and I love that picture of thekids, that would be a good one to send out with cards for Christmas!

lindseyflood said...

I agree with Mom that would be a cute christmas card picture. Can't wait to see you guys this month!