Easter eve was a big cousin slumber party in St. George at the Tomlinson home. Amazingly, the children settled into their beds and sleep while Jackie and I ran off to get some last minute errands done. It took some smart maneuvering by "auntie Jason" as Jack kept calling him, to get the kids to fall asleep. But by 1:00 in the morning we were caught in the act by Sydney who had awakened because of the dark room (my kids sleep with a light on at home). Jackie rushed her back into the room but it was too late. Sydney had woken up the entire room and even though Jackie had locked the door (it locks from the outside), there were 5 excited children banging on the door, yelling "the Easter bunny came, the Easter bunny came let us out!!!" Jackie was then scrambling to clean up the evidence and becoming hysterical saying that it's all ruined, Emma will surely find out the truth at the tender age of 6. Between the wee hour of 1:30 that this was happening, the increasingly loud and chanting voices from the other side of the door, and Jackie's furiousness I lost control of all emotion and laughed until tears started rolling down my cheeks. The greatest of all laughs, when you realize you have no choice but to just laugh at how hilarious life is. This will be one of my favorite Easter memories of all time.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Easter Hoopla!
Easter eve was a big cousin slumber party in St. George at the Tomlinson home. Amazingly, the children settled into their beds and sleep while Jackie and I ran off to get some last minute errands done. It took some smart maneuvering by "auntie Jason" as Jack kept calling him, to get the kids to fall asleep. But by 1:00 in the morning we were caught in the act by Sydney who had awakened because of the dark room (my kids sleep with a light on at home). Jackie rushed her back into the room but it was too late. Sydney had woken up the entire room and even though Jackie had locked the door (it locks from the outside), there were 5 excited children banging on the door, yelling "the Easter bunny came, the Easter bunny came let us out!!!" Jackie was then scrambling to clean up the evidence and becoming hysterical saying that it's all ruined, Emma will surely find out the truth at the tender age of 6. Between the wee hour of 1:30 that this was happening, the increasingly loud and chanting voices from the other side of the door, and Jackie's furiousness I lost control of all emotion and laughed until tears started rolling down my cheeks. The greatest of all laughs, when you realize you have no choice but to just laugh at how hilarious life is. This will be one of my favorite Easter memories of all time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
That's so funny! So what happened though? Is the Easter Bunny still alive?
Our Easter Bunny almost got caught this year too. It was a close one.
oh my gosh that is so funny! i can't believe i didn't hear about it!
I was going back and forth between crying and cracking up. I didn't know what to do! Poor Emma sounded like a drunk yelling out the door," Mom, I want my basket." She was half asleep. Whenever I think about that moment now I start laughing! I think they all forgot what had happened because none of them ever said a word!
Yes, I'm wondering too - how did it all turn out? Did you let them out, did they fall back asleep? Did they get sugar in the wee hours of the morning? LOL! Oh, that just sounds like it was a riot! :)
Jackie went in the room and told them all that Sydney was sleep walking and that it wasn't time to wake up yet. Surprisingly, they were very good about it and did go back to sleep! So no harm done in the end!
Post a Comment