Wednesday, March 5, 2008

my wedding album




I've been "tagged" by my sister to do a post of my wedding. I don't have a picture CD or a scanner, so I had to take pictures of pictures!

Chad and I met working together at Provo Canyon School. I remember the very first time I saw him there because I had a "feeling" about him instantly. I know, typical right? I was drawn to his energy and would constantly think of excuses to be around him at work and off, such as calling him first when I had a flat tire or broken down car. Too shy to ask him to "hang out", I would always make my friend Leslie call him. One night we took him cookies that I had made for him, but played it off like it was her idea. For three years we remained this way, sort-of friends. Meanwhile I dated guys who were like me: writers, actors, poets, artists- so really I was dating myself (I must have thought pretty highly of myself)! I had an undeniable attraction to Chad that I fought for years because, honestly, he was going to be a cop and he drove a BIG red truck! I thought no way, he is just not my "type". Thankfully, one too many self-absorbed, egoistic guys made me see the light. The light was Chad. :) He offered me complete acceptance, respect, and love.

August 2, 2002: We had an outdoor wedding up South Fork Canyon surrounded by the beautiful mountains I had grown so attached to while living in Provo. It was a gorgeous day, and the perfect setting for us. Despite feeling completely silly and horrified at the thought of everyone staring at me, I got through it! I was never the kind of girl who dreams of and plans her wedding day from the age of 5. I could have been happy going off to Ireland with Chad and doing it spontaneously, and privately. However, seeing that so many family members and friends were willing to drive long distances to be with us that day, was overwhelming and worth every awkward wedding moment! Still, I am so thankful to everyone who was there.

Almost 6 years and 3 kids later, not a day goes by that I am not happy, relieved, and proud that I chose Chad to be my partner for Life.













Now I am tagging Julie, Stacy, Tiffany, and Christi!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

that was fun to read! your wedding was so pretty, and you have realloy nice pictures! I wish I had your photographer for my wedding!

Stacy said...

you guys don't look any different! I know it's only been 6 years not 20, but still, those could have been taken yesterday!

Are there rules to this tag? Or can I just do whatever I want?

SALTZWORKS said...

Loved reading about your wedding! What beautiful photos you've got :)

Julie said...

What a fun and beautiful evening that was. I remember it well. And you were absolutley glowing! And so was I because I was about 9 months prego! It was so fun. I will post mine soon. I just have to figure out how to scan pictures first.

Leah said...

that was such a beautiful day, you did just glow. i loved that you wanted to have every girl have part of your bouquet so the bouquet you threw had individual roses - you have always been so thoughtful of others! :) thanks for the memory of that special day and i'm so happy for you and your darling family!
:)Leah

Dee said...

Leah! Do you have a blog? Please, send me your address if you do! I'd love to read it and keep in touch!

Julie said...

Dee-you made my day! You are so sweet. And yes, I do love you!

G. S. Funston said...

Did I really have a beehive in your wedding? Whaaaaaaaaaat?

G. S. Funston said...

Oh, but yes, EXCELLENT choice of life partner. And you are SO perfect for Chad! I knew you guys would have the coolest kids ever, and you do! My favorite memory of your wedding was the two of you driving off in your car. I have no idea why. Maybe it's because it's such a romantic image for me and you're my best friend and it just makes me so happy. It's like the true start of your married life getting in that car and taking off.

Dee said...

Thanks Staci-
beehive?!?!?!? AHAHAHAHAHAH-that made me laugh SO hard.

tiffany knox said...

I just noticed the tag I will get to it! I dont have any photos either so I will have to pull your trick! that will be fun. I love your wedding dress you look so happy. I think its funny we have been going through the same things at the same time...6 years first girl then boy then girl! I'll get right on it.