Monday, September 8, 2008

Jack's 4th Birthday: And the uninvited goose!


The Birthday Boy! Can you tell he's excited?!


I was so happy about the weather and that it was my favorite time of day, almost twilight. And I LOVE these trees! We stopped on our way home from Yellowstone to sing and have some birthday cake. Jack was excited to go to the cabin instead of having a big party this year, but of course we had to have a little celebration!


It must have inspired the serious imaginary play going on!
I think they were building a pirate ship or treasure.


Even the babies (who aren't really babies anymore), were lost in their own little world.


This picture makes me wish I was part of their world! Yay childhood!


So proud of their "treasure".


Sydney was posing so cute that I didn't even care that she was laying on a picnic table. Ha ha!


Really, what's it gonna hurt? Looks fun girls!


Wrinkly and new...seriously can't think of anything cuter.


Just as the candles were lit, and we started to sing,


an uninvited guest stepped in!


And circled and circled all around, yapping things at us.


We were in it's territory, or rude for not throwing food, I don't know.
But the goose would NOT shoo!


Then it started to get really upset, and threatened us with it's big flapping wings.
This is about the time I lost it and jumped on the table (well I was probably already on the table), and started spinning on my bum, in a skirt, and yelled repeatedly at Chad to GET IT AWAY!!! This was my nightmare come true, the moment I'd feared while closely watching the geese tensely at Allie's birthday.


Chad feeling like an idiot chasing a goose.


Even Sydney was soooo brave and tried to scare it away with a stick. It was never going to leave! MEAN THING!


Meanwhile, we somehow managed to cut the cake (and someone took pictures) during all the goose hysteria. Jack tried to enjoy his cake amidst screaming terror!


Happy Birthday to Sarah too! Jack and Sarah share the same birthday, so poor Sarah keeps having to go to pirate celebrations on her birthday! Thanks for being such a good sport about it Sarah!


Plastic fork sword fighting.


Jack loooooves his transformers! Thanks Greg, Sarah, Marlie, Kai, Sadie, and Gemma!


Uncle Greggy helped put them together. Jack plays with them EVERY day.


When we got home Jack had more presents waiting!


The truck he wished for, that I originally didn't get, but when I saw him wish for it and throw a penny in a water fountain, I had to go all the way BACK to the store to get it! How could I see his wish not come true? His face made it soooo worth it!


He said, ooooh just what I always wanted!, after every present he opened, except more books. Ha ha! But I knew he would love them!!! They are now his very favorite books!


I feel so lucky to have to have my Jack Jack! Thanks for making me laugh EVERY day! You make me sooooo happy! Why are you already 4?!! Boo hoo!


Sweet dreams little pirate.

14 comments:

Stacy said...

OK, I'm full of comments so here we go! Love the first and last picture, so cute! Now a goose is a bird to be scared of! They are MEAN. And speaking of geese are you reading goose girl? So sweet you made his wish come true! OK, I think I'm done.

Tracy said...

Your kids look so much like you, Dee! You are such a great mom to make a wish like that come true! You have always made things happen! Love ya

Erica said...

I loved this post Deann, did you manage to take all these pictures during the madness of the goose? That is hilirious, I was laughing. And how Jack wished for that toy and you went back to get it! That is so sweet. Looks liek a great party and Jack is so happy!

Merek said...

they are all getting so big i wish i could see all of you guys .

Jennifer said...

That is the funniest thing with the goose! LOL hahahaha and so funny that Jack didn't care about the screaming he was busy eating his cake. I love that picture of sydney, jack and marlie! Happy birthday jack jack! Hannah talks about you all the time! (all of her cousins are her imaginary friends names!)

lindseyflood said...

This post made me miss all of you! It looks like had the best birthday ever and enjoyed every minute of it!

Megan said...

Oh my! How fun that looked & how fun that greg & his gang could make it! I can't believe how grown up Marlie & Kai look! So nuts!

My brother & his gf had a run in with a goose too!

Happy 4th Birthday Jack!

Kimmy said...

only you deann! this post made me crack up really loud! I was laughing because remember when you were shopping in like pier one imports or something like that and there was a bird flying in the store? lol you were terrified! You are so funny! Jack made me laugh with tears with that hat on! Sydney made me laugh too because she had that big giant stick chasing that goose! I would have paid a million bucks to see that moment! happy birthday Jack jack! love you soooooo much,
love, auntie kimmers!

Jackie said...

I love his pirate hat! That was funny to read! I hate geese too. They can be mean! The picture of Marlie, Jack, and Sydney is sooo cute! How fun to be little!

Julie said...

I did not realize that Jack and Owen are so close in age. They would be great friends I just know it! His party looked like lots of fun. And how sweet is that last picture! Too precious!

Crystal said...

Makes me want to be a kid again too!

Chelle said...

HAHA I blog stalked you and now I'm confident I know who you are AND your husband. Man this is a small world. In case you haven't figured out, we worked together, I believe at PCS. Brandon Wilde is my brother. hahaha! I know what i'll be doing with some of my spare time...checkin out your blogs! How fun! So far I like what I'm seeing. You are very good at this blogging stuff! Looking forward to catching up a bit. Take care.

Chelle said...

Dee, I can't even contain myself! This makes me laugh so hard. Angie, a while back, kept telling me to check out your blog cause it was so funny, and I have been. I would always think, man that looks like a chick i used to work with...then i'd think nothing more. Until today I was bursting at the seams with curiousity and decided to finally ask. So funny. Brandon is doing well. I'm going to send him the link to your blog. His is private (i know, so snooty)! Anyway, write me sometime and catch me up on where you are, what you are doing, and how many kids ya got. Take care.

Sara said...

Dee, I can't wait to read through more of you blogs. I can't believe how big Sidney is. Wow, it just seems like yesterday working toghether at PCS and you finding out you were pregnant. Time flies by too fast. Leslie really needs to get a blog, dont you think? Tell Chad I said hi.